Home

Wii E Class


When Andrew and I made the decision to homsechool Devin this year, we both had big concerns over him losing the physical activity of the public school physical education class. We considered enrolling Devin in karate classes, dance classes and even tumbling classes, but he had no interest in any of them. I wasn't really surprised by that since I know that if Debug were left to his own devices, he'd do nothing but sit in front of those devices (the computer, his Didj or Leapster, the MP3 player, even the TV) all day long. So after much thought, I decided that something needed to be done.

Enter Bethany. She's Andrew's cousin and conveniently a state certified physical education teacher. When I broached the subject of having her come to be D's private tutor, she was all for it. So now, twice a week, Devin gets some exercise and I get to stop worrying for an hour. Of course it's become more of a Wii E class because of the cold and snow we have right now, but I know Bethany's got a lot planned for when the weather warms up.
5 comments:

Comments

that is awesome that you have someone who can come and help!! Id love to have someone to get my son really motivated soemtimes LOL


Good for you finding a solution to the physical activity aspect of home schooling. I was home schooled and that was always an issue, another thing to consider is socializing with kids his age, and how he will learn to deal with social issues. That was one thing my parents didn't think of and I had problems dealing with when I went back to school in Grade 8.


That is great that his cousin is willing to come and be his personal PE tutor. Would she be willing to come tutor me? I think I definitely need it! :)


lol @ Wii E. I bet most kids would kill for that instead of regular PE! :)


Good on you for making sure all bases were covered. I bet he loves the Wii idea.


Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers