Home

On the hunt...


The job hunt that is. As I've mentioned before, Andrew is looking for work. We're not new to him being out of work; he was unemployed for about two years at the beginning of our marriage, too. This time it's a bit rougher on us since we've got no financial cushion. I'm not saying we're destitute at all, we've definitely got what we need to get by for a while, but the need to find a new job is much more urgent than it was in 2002.

Can I just say, though, that I hate looking for work? Yes, I know, I'm a stay at home mom. That doesn't mean that I'm not part of the job search. When he's on the hunt, I'm on the hunt, too. I scour job sites, network with people I know, I even read the good ol' classified ads. I make suggestions for the type of job he could look into, and I let him bounce the pros and cons of it all off of me, too.

But beyond all that, I do my best to cheer him on. I remind him that he's worth hiring, that even if the job description isn't a perfect fit, getting his name into their brains is better than not. I tell him, "Don't say no for them. Give them a chance to decide what they want to say."

Job hunting is never fun, nor is it easy.  I'll breathe a big sigh of relief when it's finally over.
1 comments:

Comments

You guys are in my prayers chicky! I'm also praying that you don't have to move far :p


Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers