Home

Humpday Hoolligans--over the hump...


I'm a little late in posting this. Oh well, right? Good. Anyway, this is the first installment of  "Humpday Hooligans" where the camera is focused on the boys together. I have to admit that I'm not sure how many ways I can photograph them together, but I'm going to give it a try. Different body parts each week could work--like these knees. For those of you who must know, D's knees are on the left, JP's on the right. ;^) I think this picture is pretty cool. You can see their basic height difference just by looking at their knees. Even though JP is nearly 3 yaers older, he's barely 2" taller than Devin. And the way D's been eating the last few weeks, I suspect that gap will be smaller very soon. Eventually, based on what we know of their growth curves since birth, Devin will be taller than JP.  JP struggles with the idea a lot too, (It's hard for me to fathom being shorter than my younger sister; she's about 1" shorter.) so we just remind him that while Andrew is the oldest child, he's also the shortest. His youngest brother is 6'2", and while we don't know how tall his middle brother might have been at full height, he was already over 6' when he died at 17. JP seems to be ok with it for now, but you can see little sparks of envy when Devin gets pants a size bigger than his 'age pants' and JP gets a size that two smaller than his 'age pants.' I suppose I'll just keep reminding him that height is the least important thing and hope he's ok with it in the long run.
2 comments:

Comments

hey, short people rock. i say that as a short person. No need to feel inferior! We make up for it in other ways ;) I LOVE this idea.


awww! I totally agree about short people rocking! I am pretty sure that Stella is going to be taller than Ezra who is two years older. I fam just hoping that it's not hard on the little guy, lol! That is a super fun picture!


Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers